Want to continue learning?
Join the conversation in your community and online!
List of Web Resources (Canada and United States)
Anti-violence program, and national coalition of anti-violence programs. LGBTQ
Canadian Women’s Health Network
Futures without violence – Great resources for work, school, community, globe
Interactive map – Worldwide violence against women-clickable stories
International Center for Research on Women (Washington, DC)
Intersectionality and trauma informed practice. Western Canada
National Indigenous Women’s Resource Center
National Intimate Partner Violence Survey (this link is broken as of 1/7/18- need to revise)
Report of the Standing Committee on the Status of Women (Canada) 2017
Status of Women Canada (Strategies to prevent and address gender-based violence)
Trauma sensitive schools – A whole community approach (Massachusetts)
Unnatural causes, Is inequality making us sick? (a web based curriculum A+)
Up to date meta-analyses of violence prevention programs and outcomes
Help fuel the movement to end Gender Based Violence:
Ideas for activism:
- Host a talk by your Title IX/Equity coordinator.
- Use the hashtag #ItsOnUs and educate your peers
- Lobby for stronger laws regarding stalking or abuse
- Host a film screening on campus highlighting issue of Gender Based Violence
- Host events during Domestic Violence Awareness Month (NRCDV.org)
- Use our teaching and learning resources