Want to continue learning?
Join the conversation in your community and online!
List of Web Resources (Canada and United States)
Futures without violence – Great resources for work, school, community, globe
Interactive map – Worldwide violence against women-clickable stories
International Center for Research on Women (Washington, DC)
Intersectionality and trauma informed practice. Western Canada
National Intimate Partner Violence Survey (this link is broken as of 1/7/18- need to revise)
Report of the Standing Committee on the Status of Women (Canada) 2017
Status of Women Canada (Strategies to prevent and address gender-based violence)
Trauma sensitive schools – A whole community approach (Massachusetts)
Unnatural causes, Is inequality making us sick? (a web based curriculum A+)
Help fuel the movement to end Gender Based Violence:
Ideas for activism:
- Host a talk by your Title IX/Equity coordinator.
- Use the hashtag #ItsOnUs and educate your peers
- Lobby for stronger laws regarding stalking or abuse
- Host a film screening on campus highlighting issue of Gender Based Violence
- Host events during Domestic Violence Awareness Month (NRCDV.org)
- Use our teaching and learning resources